Monday, June 29, 2009

When Worlds Apart Collide.

So, what's the correlation between country music and a picture of a Chinese baby? While worlds apart, they are both my life...

Tomorrow I'm flying down to West Virginia (hense the Montgomery Genry song) to lead a mission's trip until Saturday. I'm excited for the challenge, and honestly, I'm really looking forward to being able to look back and see God's hand help me through the week.

Also, tomorrow, some of my best friends are flying to China. They are holding camps for orphans this summer, something I've done for the last few years.


While I'm thrilled and excited for them, a few times I have scratched my head to wonder why I am not on that plane with my friends. I don't doubt God's hand in it. I know He will work where I am. I just want my heart and mind to be just as invested in W.V. as I would be if I were in Beijing or Xian.

So, I could say that my heart is torn. Or, I could look at it like my heart is doubly blessed...Blessed with a personal opportunity to lead a group in West Virginia, and blessed to love and support friends who are serving God in China.

I don't often understand God's ways, though I know they are perfect. I'll just follow His lead, even if that means staying closer to home this time. It's all about Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment